It was already late and we had just came home from Church on Sunday. It was probably around 2 o’clock, so past Sam’s lunch and nap time. He was super hungry and tired and I just wanted a nutritious, delicious, quick and easy meal. So I looked in the fridge and saw all kinds of vegetables, including potatoes (Yummy).
While I grabbed most veggies and the ground turkey, I was thinking to myself what could be done with them in no time. Immediately, the word “Skillet” came to my head. Yeah! Skillet, of course! And so I began…
My ingredients were:
- Potatoes (of course);
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Ground Turkey
- Salt & Pepper
Thinking about time optimization, that’s how I did everything:
- Pre heat oven (BROIL) to about 500 degrees. I just leave it to the default broil temperature. Cut the broccoli and put it in the steamer.
- Dice the onions, chop all the veggies and shred the carrots and potatoes;
- Now, to the fun part: Put a little bit of your favorite kind of shortening on the skillet (I just use coconut oil for about everything so that’s what I did), brown the onions and garlic, add the turkey. Season it with salt & pepper. Let it cook until no more sign of redness.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, the cooked (but still crunchy) broccoli. Add the tomatoes and make sure everything is well mixed.
- Then, just sprinkle as much mozzarella cheese on top as you want and broil it for about 4 minutes.
- Take it out once the cheese is brown-ish.
I hope you like this quick and easy “Cheesy Turkey Potato Skillet”. It works for the whole family and it’s delicious and nutritious! You can use whatever veggies are in your fridge. Change it up according to the available ingredients and your family’s taste!